The first and foremost thing to clarify is that there is no such thing as losing fat on just your belly and not anywhere else on your body. When your body loses fat, it loses it at the same percentage across your whole body (your face, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, chest, back, belly, hips, thighs, buttocks, calves, feet, …). The key thing to note is the SAME percentage of that area on your body. For example, to keep it simple let’s assume you have 10 pounds of belly fat and just 3 pounds of fat on your lower back, but 0 pounds of fat everywhere else on your body (unrealistic but it will be easier to understand). Now say in 2 weeks you burned off 14,000 extra calories which are equivalent to 4 pounds of fat. What your body will do is take the same percentage of fat from wherever the fat is on your body, wherein our example there is the 10 pounds of fat on your belly and 3 pounds of fat on your lower back.
Although your body is not working out mathematical equations it is working in a systematic manner: Percentage of body fat removed everywhere in your body = pounds of fat loss / total pounds of fat I have. So we have 4 pounds/13 pounds = 30% of fat to remove from the body. Belly Fat before fat loss is 10 pounds, after the fat loss 30% is removed and we get 7 pounds of fat left. Lower back fat before fat loss is 3 pounds, after the fat loss 30% is removed and we get 2 pounds of fat left on the lower back. So although it was 30% of fat removal off your whole body, there were more pounds of fat removed from your belly because 30% from there is more than 30% on your lower back.
Hence, the majority of your fat loss on your body will occur in the area(s) where it is most concentrated. If the fat is mainly concentrated in your belly then that is where the main reduction of fat will occur. So now that we understand there is no way to lose fat in just your belly and not anywhere else, then the question should not be “diets that work to reduce belly fat”, but instead should be “diets that work to reduce fat”.
Read More: HOW TO LOSE BELLY FAT AND TARGET FAT PARTS.
Research after research has shown a low-carb diet has been a very effective way to lose fat. So what is a low-carb diet? Simple, calories coming from carbohydrates is less than 20% of your total calories. The remaining 80% of the calories should come from fat and protein, where there should be more calories from fat than protein. You also want to ensure these are good fats and not the bad ones. So keep the saturated and trans fat low. Also, the low-carb diet should have very little to no processed foods, you want pure and clean foods.
So here is one of many low-carb diets with very little processed foods assuming your daily calories are set to (see my calculator to count yours) 1267 which has 14% of the calories from carbohydrates; 27% from protein; 53% from fat.
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 2 cups broccoli
- white chicken breast
food calories, Bad Fat, Good Fat, Cholesterol, Carbohydrate, Dietary Fiber, Protein
- Spinach (2 cups): 140002.21.41.8
- Walnuts (1/2 cup): 2602.5220636
- Carrot (2 medium) :500001231
- 1/4 cup almonds: 1321110535
- 1/4 cup peanuts: 18021001258
- broccoli (1 cup): 3100062.42.61
- Chicken Breast (mixed with low carb sauce for taste): 6008181862006013.56118663.217.884.4
- Total Calories: 1267121.5549252.2337.6
Reducing the fat in your belly will definitely make your stomach look leaner, but also doing certain stretches will also give your stomach a leaner and longer appearance.